The DaValle Story
The DaValle Jewelers' story began when Peter DaValle, a certified watchmaker, immigrated to Chicago from Italy and opened his first jewelry store on Grand Avenue in Chicago. Since that time, three generations of the DaValle family have owned and operated the family business while gaining a reputation for providing the highest quality fine jewelry at the most competitive prices.
The current store is located on Harlem Avenue in Harwood Heights and is run by Dennis DaValle, who has followed in his grandfather's and father's footsteps with a strong dedication to superior customer service. Many families have been purchasing all their fine jewelry at DaValle Jewelers for generations due to our extensive selection, excellent value, and personal attention paid to each and every customer who walks through our doors.
Stop in today and see what 100 years of experience can do for you!
- 1905: Peter DaValle, Dennis' grandfather and a watchmaker by trade, immigrates to Chicago from Lucca, Italy
- 1914: Peter DaValle opens DaValle Jewelers on Grand Avenue in Chicago
- 1924: Peter moves his store to Chicago Avenue and even lives behind the store with his family during the Depression
- 1947: Marino DaValle, Peter's oldest son and Dennis' father, opens a second DaValle Jewelers location on Belmont and Central Avenue in Chicago
- 1951: Peter DaValle closes his store and retires from the jewelry business
- 1978: Dennis DaValle and his brother Gary take over their father's store located on Belmont and Central
- 1983: Dennis and Gary open a second DaValle Jewelers location at Harlem-Irving Plaza in Norridge
- 1985: Dennis and Gary open a third DaValle Jewelers location at Golf Mill Plaza in Des Plaines
- 1988: Dennis and Gary close the store on Belmont and Central Avenue
- 1997: Dennis and Gary open a new 3,200 square foot DaValle Jewelers store at their current location in Harwood Heights and consolidate the two mall stores into that location
- 2011: Gary DaValle retires from the jewelry business and Dennis DaValle continues at the helm of the current store on Harlem and Foster Avenue
- 2014: DaValle Jewelers celebrates its 100th year in business!